$600,000 awarded to graduates since 1998
The Foundation awards more than $100,000 in scholarships annually. Bennington seniors planning to attend both two-year and four-year colleges are eligible to apply. The Foundation scholarships currently recognize merit-based accomplishments including grade point average and ACT score. Students meeting certain requirements who work for the All Star Kids Program are also eligible to receive a $750 scholarship.
The Foundation utilizes a customized scholarship software platform, powered by Kaleidoscope, for students to apply for over 30 Foundation AND Community funded scholarships. The application is done completely online, which eliminates redundant tasks and paper applications. Our system is easy and user-friendly!
The online scholarship application portal will be available December 1st- February 1st. The deadline to submit online applications is 5pm on February 1st. Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the Foundation’s Annual Awards Ceremony held in April.
If a scholarship recipient does not claim his/her scholarship on or before January 1st of the following year, the scholarship is deemed forfeited.
Foundation Scholarship (Merit, Career, Bunz Family, and ASK) Acceptance Process:
Scholarship recipients must submit their fall class schedule to the Foundation before they receive their scholarship check. Email fall class schedule to email@example.com. Student must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours to be eligible to receive scholarship funds.
Community Funded Scholarship Acceptance Process:
Scholarship recipients must contact the local organization awarding the scholarship for payment requirements and information.
Click on the links below to go to the 2023 scholarship application:
Foundation Scholarship Criteria
Foundation Merit Platinum
$2,500 scholarship to applicants who earned a 30+ ACT & 3.95+ GPA.
Foundation Merit Gold
$2,000 scholarship to applicants who earned a 28+ ACT & 3.75+ GPA.
Foundation Merit Silver
$1,500 scholarship to applicants who earned a 27+ ACT & 3.5+ GPA.
Foundation Merit Bronze
$1,000 scholarship to applicants who earned a 25+ ACT & 3.3+ GPA
Up to four $1,000 scholarships awarded to students attending a technical, two-year, or vocational post-secondary institution who exhibit good character and strong work ethic.
Bunz Family Endowed Scholarship
One $1,500 scholarship awarded to a high school senior student who exhibits strong character, while excelling in academics and activities that have a positive impact on the community.
All Star Kids Employee Scholarship
$750 scholarship to graduating seniors who have been employed by the All Star Kids Program for at least two years and meet other criteria outlined in the employee handbook.
$500 scholarship to graduating seniors who have been employed by the All Star Kids Program for at least one year and meet other criteria outlined in the employee handbook.
2023 Foundation Scholarship Recipients:
Merit Platinum $2,500: Noah Andersen, Ashley Anderson, Nick Colvert, Tyler Crawford, Owen Douglas, Emma Foland, Weston Heinemann, Brinlynn Johnson, Alexis Keatts, Hannah Madden, Tyler Mead, Chloe Miller, Jackson Miller, Julian Nelsen, Kai Olbrich, Mason Pfister, Ella Reinoehl, Emma Robinson, Jenna Robinson & Megan Wilkins.
Merit Gold $2,000: Carly Bishop, Tyler Butler, Daphne Henke, Meghan Krejci, Katrina Liffring, Madalyn Nelsen, Morgan Pudenz, Payton Salcedo, Parker Thomsen & Gabriel Wry.
Merit Silver $1,500: Abigail Brown, Isaac Conner, Ethan Korth, Lauren Main, Chloe Stuckenschmidt, Mallory Tobias & Cooper Willoughby.
Merit Bronze $1,000: Amberlyn Berndt, Steve Burgers, Gabriela Calderon, Aviana Freed, Kennedy Gansebom, Brooklyn Henzel, Lennox Hughes, Wren Larson, Kaylee Natho, Morgan Nick, Tyler Reiss, Darby Ryan, Madison Schmaderer, Reese Smith, Kaeli Vondra, Maya Wallingford & Connor Ziska.
Career $1,000: Daylon Heater and Noah Miller.
Bunz Family Endowed $1,500 Scholarship: Samantha Jansen.
All Star Kids Employees $500: Carly Bishop, Steve Burgers, Lauren Buzbee, Ayo Makinde, Mason Pfister, Carter Pritchett, Selah Ryan, Raylyn Rhiley & Parker Thomsen.
2023 Local Organization Scholarship Recipients:
- TeamMates Mentoring of Bennington: Erick (Andres) Martinez, Kamdyn Blakely, & Kellen Wilkins
- Bennington American Legion Auxiliary: Alexis Keatts, Godiva Kekeh, Wren Larson, Ethan Korth & Meghan Krejci
- Bennington American Legion Club: Connor Ziska & Luke Woods
- Sons of the American Legion Club: Daylon Heater
- Bennington Lions Club: Emma Foland, Alexis Keatts, Zoe Lindsey, Evie Howard & Meghan Krejci
- Bennington Athletic League: Abigail Brown & Andrew Parrish
- Bennington Basketball Association: Gavin Hiatt & Ella Reinohl
- Bennington Chamber of Commerce: Ainsley Schultz & Paige Ferris
- Bennington Community Foundation / Dave Clark Memorial: Ainsley Schultz
- West O Chamber of Commerce: Alexis Keatts
- Bennington Elementary PTO: Aviana Freed, Evie Howard, Mason Pfister & Jackson Miller
- Heritage Elementary PTO: Carly Bishop
- Pine Creek Elementary PTO: Abigail Brown & Isaac Conner
- Bennington High School / Red Cross Blood Drive: Samantha Jansen
- Bennington Jaycees: Samantha Jansen, Kennedy Gansebom, & Meghan Krejci
- Bennington Art Club: Kaeli Vondra
- Bennington Music Boosters: Ashley Anderson, Jackson Miller, Megan Wilkins, & Kaeli Vondra
- BPS Athletic Booster Club: Abigail Brown, Samantha Jansen, Gabriela Calderon & Nick Colvert
- BPS Athletic Booster Club,Heart of a Champion: Alex Foltz
- BPS Education Association: Steve Burgers, Morgan Dreessen & Emma Foland
- Bennington Soccer Club: Avianna Freed & Cooper Willoughby
- Bennington Wrestling Club: Kael Lauridsen & Andrew Parrish
- Bennington Youth Football: Nick Colvert
- St. John’s Lutheran Church: Carly Bishop, Morgan Dreessen & Meghan Krejci
- Gene Baldwin Memorial: Ella Reinoehl
- Jeff Glover Memorial: Ethan Nguyen
- Tom White Memorial: Lennox Hughes
- #TeamCarrieEssink Memorial: Maya Wallingford